February was the biggest month on the blog, almost by a factor of two. Here’s a recap of the lessons, posts, and other math-related things that went down.
- Learn Desmos. A great place to start if you want to learn more about this free online graphing calculator.
- Visual Patterns + Desmos = Amazing! Multi-representational approach to linear functions, with a little Desmos on the side.
- “Everybody stand up…” A post about on-your-feet pattern finding.
- Visual Patterns… Now What?! Launching from Visual Patterns into other rich tasks.
- Task Delivery: Less is More. They’ll never learn to ride if we don’t take the training wheels off at some point.
- 10-Second Pause. Adding a bite-size element of reflection into our review.
The rest of the posts from February are available here.
39th Annual Spring Math/Science Conference (CMSEMC) | Invited
▸ Turning Students Into Posers + Solvers
February 7, 2015 • Redwood City, CA
CUE Rock Star Teacher Camp Petaluma | Faculty
February 13-15, 2015 • Petaluma, CA